Innisfil Seed Library's 5th season has been a big success! Over 900 seed packets have been borrowed through our online mail requests resulting in thousands of seeds planted in our community.
If you borrowed seeds, saved seeds or have leftover commercial seeds from this season, starting September 1st until October 31st the Innisfil Seed Library will be accepting seed donations at the Cookstown & Lakeshore Branches of the Innisfil ideaLAB & Library.
How to prepare your seeds for donation
- Be sure you've saved your seeds properly and that they're dry and ready for storage. Find seed saving resources on our website and the YouTube channel Mindful Gardening.
- Clearly label your seed packages with the seed name, variety if known, harvest location, and year. No need to individually portion your seeds into envelopes. This will be done in spring using ISL envelopes.
- If you are donating more than one seed variety package, gather them into a sealed plastic baggie or tied grocery bag.
- Mark your package with "Innisfil Seed Library Donation"
- Questions? Get in touch anytime through our contact form.
How to drop off your seeds September 1st to October 31st
- In person at the customer service desks of the Cookstown & Lakeshore Branches of the Innisfil ideaLAB & Library. Visit www.innisfilidealab.ca for branch hours and addresses.
- In book drop boxes at the Cookstown & Lakeshore Branches. Be sure your package is sealed to prevent spilling.
- Seed donations will be accepted at both Branches until October 31st, 2020.
Thank you! We rely on your seed donations to remain sustainable.